Our 4- bedroom guest house is in the village of Bathampton, 1.5 miles from the city centre. Although the house was built as a family home and not with accessibility in mind, we have made every effort to make our rooms welcoming and comfortable for everyone. If you have any specific questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch
- Lindisfarne is set back from the main A36 out of Bath, about 10 minutes from the railway station by car and on a main bus route. Bus times are available from the owner.
- Local taxi firms have accessible taxis and we can book them for you on request.
- We have a website and you can book direct with us by phone or email, or online. Contact details are:-
- There is ample free parking for guests with unmarked bays. The tarmac car park is on a gentle slope up to the house.
- We are happy to assist with bringing your luggage into your room.
- Local shops and pubs are a short walk away, but there are steep slopes.
Main entrance and reception
- There is one step of 12cm. The front door, which is 81cm wide, has a lip of 7cm. The doorbell is on the left, accessible from all heights.
- The entrance hall is 1m X 4m, with stairs to the first floor on the right.
- The hallway has short pile fitted carpet with a rug, there is also a seat in the hall.
- There are 13 stairs to the first floor, each one 20cm high and 27cm deep, 80 cm wide, with no risers. There is a handrail on the left hand side.
- The fire alarm is located in the hall and on the first floor landing and rings loudly. There is no visible sign in the rooms that the alarm has sounded if you are unable to hear it, The gathering area is on the front car park.
- There is no lift and no public telephone.
- The owners are on the premises at night and can be contacted via a push bell on the first floor landing.
- The hallway and stairs are well lit , with lights remaining on all night.
- The hallway to the ground floor bedroom and breakfast room is 72cm wide.
- Dining room furniture is flexible, chairs have high backs but no arms, and can be easily removed or rearranged.
- Tables have an underspace of 72cm, with a pedestal.
- There is no background music, mobile phones are discouraged in the breakfast room.
- Through the breakfast room is the patio area with tables and chairs, accessed through double doors each 57cm wide, with a 7cm lip and a small step down.
All bedrooms are en-suite, with colour TV, DVD player, hospitality tray, kettle, fan, hairdryer. All have short pile carpet.
Room 1 (downstairs)
This room has double bed, (60cm high) and can have an additional single bed added at extra charge. Door width is 70cm. Space around the end of the bed is restricted but there is a good space on both sides. Two upright chairs with no arms are provided in the room. The en-suite shower room and toilet/washbasin are separate in this room. There is a step of 18cm into the shower, which has a curtain.
Room 2 (first floor)
Double room with King size bed (66cm high). Door width to the room is 72cm, there is at least 50cm of space either side of the bed, and 1.1m of space between the bottom of the bed and the dressing table. The bathroom has a bath with overbath shower. One upright chair without arms and one low easy chair with arms are provided.
Room 3 (first floor)
A twin-bedded or double room, access is past a small bookcase, restricting access to 74cm. Entrance door width is 70cm. The en-suite shower room has a 60cm entrance, and the step into the shower is 16cm.
Beds are 65cm high, with approx 55cm between them, 65cm from the bottom of the bed to the chest of drawers.
Two upright chairs without arms are provided.
Room 4 (first floor)
This is a double room with King size bed (60cm high) There is approx. 52cm between the bed and wall on either side. There is 1.2m of space from the end of the bed to the dressing table. The en-suite shower room has a quadrant shower with a sliding door, with a step of 16cm.
Two upright padded chairs without arms are provided.
Guests are welcome to sit on the flat patio area. There is a steep path to the rest of the garden.
We serve full English breakfast, along with cereals and choice of fruit , fruit juice and other options. We try to cater for special diets wherever possible , subject to prior arrangement. Talk to us if you have any special dietary needs.
Lindisfarne is a non-smoking establishment, guests may smoke outdoors if they dispose of cigarette ends carefully in the receptacles provided.
We are willing to chill guests’ medication in our fridge, though guests should be aware that the kitchen cannot be accessed when the owners are out.
We have a cat, though she is not allowed in the guest bedrooms or the dining room.
All our bedding is hypoallergenic.
We do not accept pets because of our own cat, and because the owner is asthmatic.
We do not usually accept children under the age of 8 years.
We want to help you to plan and enjoy your stay. We welcome your feedback to help us to keep on improving - please get in touch.
John and Fay Webb